Friday 15 June 2012

Week 4 - The Creative Commons Poster


cc licensed ( BY NC SA )  flickr photo shared by WadeB

We are very busy this week at Camp McGuffin, with design assignments, the Design Safari, the research on Creative Commons and all the readings we need to do.

I am also really, really busy at work, so I'll keep this post short.

The picture you see above is the one I chose for my Creative Commons Poster. In this assignment, our task was to use a Creative Commons licensed image to design a poster about how cool Creative Commons is.

I started with the image above and, using Pic Monkey, I created this:

Creative Commons Poster 2


I tried to make that outer frame similar to the inner one. I hope the message is clear - this is what I feel Creative Commons can do for you if you CC your images or lesson plans. If they appear on other people's blogs and Facebook profiles and the attribution leads back to you, more people will see your work. Isn't that what the internet is all about?

Thank you, Creative Commons, for being there for all of us. And big thanks to everybody who decides to share their work with others through a CC licence.

















2 comments:

John said...

I like the frame within a frame idea. It hints at the remixing possibilities and connection of your work to the original and of the idea of shared work being connected to a long line of predecessor.

Natasa said...

Thank you, John. I love your interpretation of my poster. I believe it is exactly what this poster says, though I never consciously thought about saying it. It just happened.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...